Thursday, October 18, 2007

CURR. IN MY UNDERPANTS AND SLIPPERS! While eating lot's of OREOS!

I know the title may be a little inappropriate, but it's professor Bach's fault; he said we could do the work on our couch. The PAC Man boxers and the bowl of Oreo cookies were my own pieces of flare; I like to express myself! My laptop, on the other hand, has so many crumbs in it, it's going to grow a cookie tree one day. Okay, let's get to blogging.

The online classes were pretty effective at achieving the goals of the course. We should practice the actual teachings of the course. A different way of learning is the best way to teach future administrators how to change for the better.

Also, not having to come to class was great! Conversely, I do believe the amount of work required for the online class outweighed the work done on class. Although time consuming, the online activities were pertinent to course's objectives and interesting. The movies and collaborative essay were a lot of fun; engaging in new activities can make graduate school less cumbersome, especially when most of us have other responsibilities such as school and family.

Let's not forget the cool discussions and activities we did in class; the genuine activities we did in class cannot be replaced by online classes. I enjoy sharing with colleagues and working in groups. Remember, we do not want to be isolated...Right Schmoker?

I really liked the online classes because they were complemented by our on-campus classes. I think a good online class is surrounded by regular class as well! Exposure to different learning environments really gets the main points across.

I would repeat another Hybrid Course like this one; there would have to be some contact time though. Having the liberty to work at your on pace was also a great characteristic of the online classes.

I must say that I would not change much about the way our online classes were executed. On the other hand, if the professor reduced the work load just a hair, I would not be offended.

It's time for more Oreos!

1 comment:

Prof. Bachenheimer said...

As always, you have a gift for the visual. I like the Oreo visual. I'llpass on the boxers.

Thanks for your comments.

I can apprdciate the workload comment. Just for perspective, I know several students in the other section; I think their owrkload might be a bit more. (But then again, it is not a contest.)